Paid Digital Ads
Whether you are operating a small business or launching a new venture, a social media presence is valuable for businesses of all sizes or industries. Being active on social media not only helps to engage with your audience, but also increases your visibility on search engines, such as Google Search.
It's really important that businesses focus on the channels most frequently used by their target customers and ensure they're designing content that aligns with user's behavior and expectations on those channels.
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING STEPS AND PLATFORMS:
1) Create clear and defined marketing goals/objectives. What call to action are you seeking, or in other words, what action would you like users to take after visiting your business' social media feed? Click here to read more about calls to action and view some examples.
2) Learn where your target audience interacts most on social media. The Pew Research Center provides data regarding social media habits and use among different demographics.
3) Research your competitors and work to understand how they engage with potential customers. For more detailed information on this process, check out this blog with 8 key questions to ask while performing social media competitive analysis.
4) Schedule and post content regularly. Set aside time to interact with your followers and other businesses on social media. If your followers aren't engaging with you, take a look at these 13 tips on increasing customer interaction.
5) Make sure your brand is consistent across all platforms, but remember different platforms favor different styles of content.
Contact one of our business advisors to help you identify the right social media platform(s) to best reach your target customers, as well as build your social media goals.
Instagram is a great platform to target a younger demographic and create your own community by posting photos to drive engagement. Check out the steps to create your own Instagram Business Page.
Facebook Business Page is a great platform for Business to Consumer (B2C) engagement to reach existing customers at a large scale. Check out the steps to create your own Facebook business page.
LinkedIn is the fastest growing platform, and is effective for B2B engagement and creating a company reputation/portfolio and drive business engagements. Check out the steps to create your own LinkedIn Business Page.
Twitter is an excellent platform to create awareness for your brand and use the trending hashtags to increase customer engagement and buzz around the latest trending news. Check out the steps to create your own Twitter business page.
Snapchat is used primarily by teens and young adults. Businesses can use the platform organically to showcase their products and other content via the “stories” feature. Many businesses also find success advertising on the platform with custom face-filters and other sponsored content. Check out Snapchat’s business center for more information.
TikTok is one of the most popular platforms used primarily by Gen-Z. Users post short, looping videos and businesses can use this format to communicate directly with potential customers. Check out the steps for making an account and visit TikTok for Business to learn more about advertising on the platform.