Hiring employees or student interns is a key step in growing your small business. Luckily, there are resources available to help NYC's small businesses and entrepreneurs accomplish this goal.
For general information on the different obligations businesses have when they begin to hire employees, visit the Small Business Administration's resource page on hiring and managing employees.
Here is step-by-step how to recruit Pace University students for internship programs and full-time job offers on Handshake, Pace University's community job board.
1. Visit pace.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new and enter your work email (preferably one with an extension that is not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @outlook.com) and create a password.
2. Enter your name, phone number, job title, country, type of candidates and your Alma Mater.
3. Click SAVE and continue and agree to the Terms of Service. They will ask you if you are a 3rd party recruiter working on behalf of another company - select NO
4. Go to your inbox to find the email from firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm your email address (Check your junk mail)
5. Then find and join your company.
If your company does not show up, then click Create New Company and enter information asked
6. ! IMPORTANT: Connect with schools: Select Pace University
This ensures that you get a student intern from Pace University
After this step, you have access to the campus recruiting dashboard. Wait a few days for Handshake to approve your new company. Handshake will send you an email once you get approved.
Go to pace.joinhandshake.com and log in again by clicking under student login: “You can also sign in with your email address.”
7. Click on + Post a Job and fill out the job description and other relevant information. (Navigate job with tabs at bottom of screen.)
8. ! IMPORTANT: When you reach the schools section: select Pace University and fill in your application deadlines.
9. When finished, click SAVE on the bottom right corner and wait for students to apply!
10. You can see the status of your job posting and student’s application via the Handshake dashboard.