Wednesday, July 14th, from 6-7pm ET
Learn how your business can be found online with Google. Presented by Pace University Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and led by Grow with Google facilitator Petia Abdur-Razzaaq, this workshop explains how Google Search works and how you can improve a website's visibility with Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The session also introduces products like Google My Business, Google Trends, Search Console, Google Analytics, Google Ads, and more.
In this workshop we’ll discuss best practices for:
Improving your website’s visibility in Google’s organic search results, on all devices
Creating a free Google My Business listing
Advertising your business on Google.
Thursday, February 4th, from 12-1pm EST
The Pace University Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is partnered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to offer a Trademark Basics webinar. As part of the session, the USPTO's Jason Lott, Attorney Advisor, Trademarks Customer Outreach, helped navigate through the intricacies of trademarks and review:
- how trademarks, service marks, domain names, and business names all differ.
- benefits of federal trademark registration over common law rights.
- critical factors in selecting a trademark that will be federally registrable and legally protectable.
- clearance searches and whether to use an attorney to help avoid cease-and-desist letters.
- how to avoid "scams" perpetrated by companies not associated with the USPTO.
- what happens after registration and how to keep a registration alive.
NY Forward Loan Fund Webinar
December 7, 2020
The Pace University Small Business Development Center (SBDC) partnered with Empire State Development, TruFund Financial Services, and Community Preservation Corp for a panel discussion on the New York Forward Loan Fund (NYFLF). Launched to support NYS small businesses, nonprofits, and small landlords that suffered a direct economic hardship as a result of COVID-19, NYFLF provides working capital loans of up to $100,000. Interest rate for the loans is 3% for small businesses and small landlords and 2% for nonprofits and is for a five-year term with interest-only payments due during the first twelve months. The webinar recording is available here.